Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year, A New You

For me, the first significant event of 2011 was putting my hand in a big pile of dog shit while puking on a sidewalk. It was at that point that I started to think things needed to change. Actually, that thought came when the drunk wore off; my actual thought at the time was "Oh NO! Dog shit!!"

And then, today, I came to the crushing realization that I hate my job. And not in that way that everyone hates their job, but in that "absolutely fucking loathe" kind of way. Like the Suck Kut of Wayne's World, this job is sucking my will to live. Oh, the humanity indeed.

Somewhere along the way, unbeknownst to me, my life went off the rails. I was simply along for the ride, content in my simpleminded belief that things would eventually work themselves out. But no more.

But what to do? Start a blog, of course!

And why? Well, because I'm sure there are tons of people out there who would want to read about me. I know it's my favourite subject, so it must be yours. Right? Also, this is easier than volunteering somewhere and cheaper than therapy.

So this is where it all begins. I shall chronicle my quest towards a fulfilling, worthwhile existence. No stone will be left unturned, no flaw hidden. I may never fully know what happened on New Year's Eve but, dammit, I will know myself!

[Full disclosure: I am listening to More Abba Gold while I write about becoming a more enlightened individual. This may not work out as I planned...]

No comments:

Post a Comment